In an exclusive preview from Action Comics #1033, kicking off a new story arc, Superman finds the Justice League at odds with itself.
July is quickly shaping up to be a huge month for Superman, with Clark Kent’s son Jon ready to inherit the superhero mantle while another Superman helms a new iteration of the Authority.
DC has shared an exclusive preview of Action Comics #1033, with the Man of Tomorrow facing a Justice League divided amongst itself, as Aquaman airs recent grievances. And on the other side of the DC Universe, Mongul and his son plot their next move, spelling ominous ramifications for the heroes. Written by Phillip Kennedy Johnson, the unlettered preview pages, including several uncolored pages, are drawn by Daniel Sampere and colored by Adriano Lucas.
Action Comics #1033
- story by Phillip Kennedy Johnson, Becky Cloonan, and Michael W. Conrad
- art by Daniel Sampere and Michael Avon Oeming
- cover by Daniel Sampere
- ON SALE 7/27/21
- $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
- variant cover by Julian Totino Tedesco
- US $5.99 (card stock)
- 1:25 variant cover by Jen Bartel
- US $5.99 (card stock)
- Atlantis is under attack! Taking in the Warworld refugees also means taking possession of the deadly Warworld tech they brought with them, and holding that much power makes the undersea kingdom a threat to the rest of the world. Can Superman move fast enough to prevent all-out war? Doing so may mean taking the power into his own hands…Meanwhile, some of the escaped Warworld prisoners have found the Fortress of Solitude…and along with it, Lois Lane!
- In our second feature, Midnighter has gone deep into the Trojan compound and found a very unexpected guest whose path he crossed in Future State—none other than Mister Miracle!
Johnson has been helming Action Comics since the start of the Infinite Frontier era this past March after teasing the Man of Steel facing Mongul on Warworld during Future State. And with the Justice League divided as Mongul makes his next moves, Superman may be without his usual allies when he needs them standing together the most.
Written by Phillip Kennedy Johnson and illustrated by Daniel Sampere, with a backup story by Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad and Michael Avon Oeming, Action Comics #1033 goes on sale July 27 from DC Comics.
Superman’s Blue Phase Sent His Classic Costume to One of DC’s Strangest Creatures
About The Author